Monday, January 26, 2015

Around the World in a Day

Last week I talked about my trip to Florida and visiting Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. Lucky for you, today, I'll be going over my day at Epcot!


It's a pretty neat thing to say you visited 11 countries all over the world in a span of 14 or so hours...even if you weren't really in the country. The amazing thing about Disney is that the Imagineers do the absolute best job of any theme park in the world at making you feel like you are really in a specific place. Whether it be Italy in Epcot, Belle's town in Magic Kingdom, or on an African safari in Animal Kingdom, you truly feel like you aren't in Kansas anymore...or Orlando...whatever, you get the metaphor.

This year was the first time I attempted to 'drink around the world' with my boyfriend and cousin. We did all of the regular rides first and then wandered our way to the World Showcase, starting at Mexico with, of course, a Margarita! My fave. Next some champagne, wine, and a Grey Goose Citron Lemonade Slush in France...France had a lot to offer and you can't just choose one! We ate lunch in Japan and I took a sip of Steve's cold Saki and that was enough for me...but that counts as a country, right? Other notable drinks and locations included beer and Strongbow at a 'pub' in England, wine, wine, and some more wine in Italy, and beer from the 'Biergarten' in Germany [along with 2 giant soft pretzels].  I will admit we skipped Canada and United States for obvious reasons...same old everyday drinks you're used to having. So if you're dragged to Disney and you really don't want to be there, (which is weird in the first place because you should love being there), I'd suggest wandering over to the countries and testing out all the drinks! If your family asks where you've been, you were waiting on the Mission Space line for 3 hours...or you got lost. Your call.










No comments:

Post a Comment