Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Top 5 Beauty Secret Weapons

I've found that when searching for new products - whether it be makeup, hair care, or skin care - there are always the same 10-15 items that are mentioned everywhere. Maybe it's because they really are that good..or maybe it's actually because they've got a great public relations team. Whatever the case, I find it to be frustrating. I realized that I have a lot of favorites in my makeup bag or products I use in my daily/nightly routine that I NEVER hear beauty gurus, bloggers, and youtubers talk about. So how is the regular, everyday person, who just wants to find something new or better than their current products, ever going to get true advise? I decided, I'd help get my favorites out there! I refer to them as my 'secret weapons' because again, I rarely see any talk about it...
...so here they are!

Way of Life


Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller in light/medium. I started using this about a half a year ago and it's still going strong! I use it almost everyday as just a quick under eye brightener - helps brighten without looking like I'm really wearing makeup - score! The roller has a cooling affect to also combat puffy eyes and it feels so refreshing first thing in the morning, puffy eyes or not. I got mine at Ulta but you can get them at Target, Walmart, and any drugstore.

Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum. Let's face it. Some eyelashes need an extra little push...mine especially. Curling and using mascara just doesn't cut it when I really want to amp up my eyelashes without falsies. This stuff is my holy grail. It's considered a serum, but I have honestly never put it on over night to act as a serum...I simply use it as my primer. Curl, prime, mascara and voila! Perfectly curled, 'volumized', long lashes.

Clinique High Impact Mascara. I've tried A TON of mascaras in my life. Free sample sizes are my favorite so I can try them out without having to shell out money on mascaras that claim to be amazing but don't really work. This stuff works. I use this in combination with my Dior primer and it's like a match made in heaven.

Burt's bees lip balm. Plain and simple. I've tried a bunch of others including the ever popular eos egg lipbalm and I hate it...it actually makes my lips peel every time I use it. Burts bees is my tried and true, go to chap stick, forever and always.

Dove Soap. Yes, seriously. Why do we feel the need to spend so much money on 'high end' soap for our body and face?? Dove is proven to be clean and natural, leaving no residue behind. Trust me, I've gotten so many soaps from dermatologists that cost a fortune, and Dove is better. I use it every morning and night. At night after the gym, I will sometimes follow up my dove soap with Neutrogena Grapefruit Cleanser (which I will admit is a favorite of mine). Once or twice a week I will exfoliate with Delecor Life Radiance. 

I of course have several other products I use and love but these are some hidden gems. Have any secret weapons you'd like to share? Let me know!  



No comments:

Post a Comment