Monday, November 3, 2014

New England

This weekend my boyfriend and I made a quick trip up to Massachusetts to visit my cousin. She lives in Foxboro and I was able to visit Boston and Newport, Rhode Island while on my mini trip!

I stayed with my cousin and her best friend, who has a St. Bernard, a Newfoundland, and a Maine Coon cat...basically the 3 biggest, fluffiest, and cuddliest animals you can have in one house! I was in heaven.

While in Boston, we walked around the harbor, grabbed a few drinks in different restaurants in the Quincy Market area, and went on a duck boat tour [which I highly recommend if you visit]. Our tour guide had the best dry humor but was also so knowledgeable about Boston and American history in general. Afterwards, we ate dinner in the 'little Italy' district and enjoyed nonstop laughter over a bottle of wine with some amazing salads, pasta dishes, and seafood. I wish I could eat there every night!

Sunday, we attended the Patriots game! I'm a huge Green Bay Packer fan, but I do love football in general, so it's always a fun time seeing a game in person, especially when you can witness a Chicago Bears beating :) Thanks to my cousin and her best friend, we were able to sit in the family/friend section, go under the stadium after the game to enjoy some food, and go on the field.

Monday, was our drive back home, but we stopped at Newport, RI on the way. Saw some mansions that I'm determined to live in. Ate an amazing lunch at the restaurant, 'The Black Pearl' (chose it solely for the name). Walked along the 'cliff walk' path. Took lots of pretty pictures.

A weekend well spent, full of laughter, great company, and great memories.



NFL Football Field

Boston, Massachusetts

NFL Football Field


The Breakers

OOTD

mansion

The Breakers


No comments:

Post a Comment