Thursday, May 14, 2015

DIY Glitter Champagne Bottles

One of my best friends is getting married in August (eek!) and this weekend we are celebrating in the Hamtpons for her bachelorette party. Woo! I found some pinspiration to jazz up champagne bottles and I thought to myself, "I'm obviously bringing champagne, so why not cover up the ever so fancy André and Korbel labels with a little glitter?"


Way of Life

This was definitely a simple DIY and didn't end up a Pinterest fail- score! Check out the steps and tips below!


*Here's what you'll need:
  • Spray adhesive
  • Glitter
  • Bottles
  • Old cardboard box
    (Seriously, that's it.)

    I picked up the spray glue and glitter from Michaels. These items can easily be bought at any craft store and I know that hardware stores also carry the spray glue. The bottle can be any kind...wine, champagne, big, mini, etc. It's up to you! 



    Step 1:
    There are usually a few labels on bottles. One around the neck at the bottom of the foil, and one or two on the main part of the bottle. I peeled some of the labeling off of the main part, but left most of it on. I made sure all of the label around the neck came off (the neck label comes off a lot easier than the main part). I then wiped it down with a damp paper towel and then dried it, making sure it was completely dry.

    TIP: I sprayed and glitterized all of mine in a matter of 30 minutes or less. If you have more time, I suggest taking all of the labeling off and just leaving the foil wrap on the top. The easiest way to get labels off is to soak in warm water and use dish soap with some wet paper towels. I didn't want to risk getting soapy residue on the bottle and not having the glue stick. Again, if you have a whole day for it to be properly cleaned and dried, you can definitely take all of the labeling off, and start the glue/glitter process (step 2) the following day or two.


    Step 2:
    Spray entire bottle with glue. This is where you will utilize that cardboard box. I spray the bottle while holding it inside so it wouldn't get on anything else (I also did this outside). 

    Way of Life
    TIP: Instead of constantly holding down the spray nozzle and turning the bottle (this will cause bubbles as I found out), spray in swipes. Hold down nozzle, spray up and down once, then stop. Repeat over entire bottle using this same motion.


    Step 3:
    Sprinkle glitter (and lots of it) over bottle. I used fine glitter but you can use a mixture of big glitter and even a different color on the bottom to give an ombré effect. I did 4 bottles and used 1 and a half containers of the glitter-- I loaded the glitter on and didn't try to use it sparingly at all...oops.

    TIP: When it is tacky or dry, you can go over with glue again to cover any bare spots or make the glitter more intense. 

    Step 4:
    Let dry and voilà! You're dunzo!

    Way of Life
    Way of Life
    Way of Life



    No comments:

    Post a Comment